Outstanding community with wonderful homes and great schools.
The loosely associated settlers in the Clear Fork Valley of the Trinity River, an area known as Medera, were brought together when the Texas & Pacific Railroad brought a line through in 1879 to connect Ft. Worth and Weatherford. A coal and water refueling station was the first stop in Parker County for west-bound trains and it became known as Parker Station.
In addition, the station served as a pickup point for the buffalo hides on the Texas and Pacific Railroad. The area saw it’s first post office in 1882 and when mail marked “Parker County” found its way out of the mail car at “Parker Station”, the U.S. Post Office directed the smaller community to find a distinct name. So the community was named in 1882 for the home town of a railroad official from Aledo, Illinois.
Aledo is the oldest city in Parker County and was started as a farming settlement. The community was later incorporated in 1963.
In the mid 1990’s, the city experienced rapid growth from expanding Fort Worth. With a population of 400 citizens in the 1920’s, Aledo has grown to 3,000 plus residents living within a 2.5-square-mile area. Today, Aledo has a uniqueness which preserves its historic character and citizens that appreciate the quaint, country feel the town possesses.
The Aledo Independent School District’s success has become a major economic engine for development. Aledo ISD has consistently been recognized among the best in North Central Texas with success in academics and sports programs. A transformation from a small, rural community with limited municipal services to one that provides more amenities and services is a major component of the Strategic Planning Process.
Sorry we are experiencing system issues. Please try again.